Monday, April 7, 2014

 Rebrand that caught my eye 

It's been months since my last post. My creative life often gets put on hold for lazing in the sun. This past summer I got to experience my NEW favourite place, Fiji. Kindness, warmth, beauty and happiness - A holiday we'll never forget. On my travels I noticed Fiji Airways went through a recent rebrand, which I love.. check it out! 

Here's a little info behind the story: 
FutureBrand partnered with Air Pacific and locally renowned Masi artist Makereta Matemosi to create the identity for ‘Fiji Airways’. Makereta created a traditional Fijian Masi for the airline, which is celebrated in the airline’s new identity and translated into its new livery design. 
The team also helped design the new cabin interiors of the new ‘Fiji Airways’ A330 aircraft which have Makereta’s Masi motifs embedded in the details.
FutureBrand collaborated with typographer Kris Sowersby to create a custom all-capitals font named ‘Bula’ (the Fijian word for ‘hello’). The font was inspired by the hand-cut geometric quality of Fijian Masi, the motif print textures and the diamond at the centre of the Teteva symbol.


No comments:

Post a Comment